Salary:The PhD trainee grant is €1,900 per month plus an accommodation allowance.
Working time:Full-timePlace of work:Frankfurt, GermanyClosing date for applications:Wednesday, 25 April 2018
The position offers you excellent opportunities to work in close contact with R&D and anti-counterfeiting experts on scientific and technical tasks. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a PhD in paper engineering, paper and pulp chemistry, materials science, wood science, digital imaging and printing, forensic studies with a focus on physical science, or a related field; or at least two years of PhD studies at the closing date for applications;
- an advanced knowledge of paper analysis methods;
- the ability to keep abreast of new technological developments through active study of scientific publications and other sources;
- proficiency in MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- experience in organising pilot industrial trials as part of R&D studies.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
Please provide with the application references to publications or patents filed in your name, if any.
For reasons of confidentiality, work carried out during the traineeship may not be used in any publication, thesis, external research, etc. without specific prior written permission.
The recruitment process for this position will include a Skype interview.
Application and selection process
Find more information under “How you can join us”: