9TH #TRAINING COURSE ON #GLOBAL #DEVELOPMENT #EDUCATION FOR #YOUTH MULTIPLIERS 2018
Deadline: 11 July 2018
Open to: citizens between the ages of 18 – 30 years from Europe Member States
Venue: 10 – 14 September 2018 at Mollina, Spain
The Youth Cooperation Programme of the North-South Centre promotes youth participation through training and capacity building courses aimed at facilitating young people and youth organizations’ involvement in decision and policy making processes at all levels of governance.
The training course will give space to the participants to reflect upon political, economic, social and environmental issues developing in this way a critical understanding of their role, responsibility, and lifestyles of in relation to a globalized and interconnected society.
Being grounded in this approach, the training course aims at providing youth multipliers and youth organizations with new tools and knowledge to play a greater change-making role in their communities within the current global interconnected context.
The specific objectives of the course are:
- to understand the skills, values, and knowledge behind the concept of GDE;
- to provide youth multipliers with a series of competencies and tools to promote and disseminate principles of GDE to other young people;
- to raise awareness about the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (UN Agenda 2030) and the role that young people and youth organizations have in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) in their local communities following a “glocal” approach;
- to offer a platform for youth peer-education and for the development of multilateral youth activities that promote peaceful and inclusive societies.
The training course targets 30 participants.
Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- are aged 18-30 years;
- are able to fluently communicate in English;
- play an active role within a youth organization/platform or a youth-related institution;
- are supported by an organization which has youth as a main target group and which will support the candidates in the follow-up phase.
The call is open to Citizens of the 47 Council of Europe Member States. However, a 20% quota is available for citizens from the Southern Mediterranean region 1 and a 10% quota for citizens the African continent.
Candidates accepted on the basis of the above eligibility criteria will then be evaluated according to the following selection criteria, which must be clearly specified in the candidate’s application form:
- have already some experience as trainers, a youth worker or youth leader;
- have basic knowledge of project work, project cycle management and international youth cooperation;
- have background knowledge in terms of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), human rights and intercultural dialogue and youth-related policies;
- are committed to act as youth multipliers after the conclusion of the course by developing a follow-up initiative with the support of his/her sending organization/platform/institution;
The North-South Centre will issue pre-paid flight round-trip tickets from the country of residence to Malaga airport (Spain).
- Transfers from and to the airport/train station to the training venue will be ensured by the North-South Centre;
- It is expected that participants/supporting organizations assume expenses related to local transport in the home country, as well as visa costs;
- Please look for information regarding health and visa needs that you might have to attend the activity;
- The board and lodging for the full duration of the training course is covered;
- Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms;
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.