#AFRINIC #FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM IN #TUNIS, #TUNISIA
Deadline: 24 August 2018
Open to: residents of an African nation
Fellowship: fully funded
The AFRINIC Fellowship Programme provides opportunities for individuals from African countries who have an interest in Internet operations and governance to participate in AFRINIC-29.
AFRINIC exists to expand the Internet for the sustainable development of Africa. One of the prominent ways in which AFRINIC implements this vision is through major events held around the continent to champion this debate. It is for this reason that AFRINIC will be holding the 27th series of these meetings. Dubbed AFRINIC-29, the meeting will take place from 26th November 2018 to 30th November 2018 in Tunisia.
AFRINIC-29 is a follow-up to the African Internet Summit (AIS) 2018 that was held in Dakar, Senegal from 29th April to 11th May 2018. It was held in collaboration with the Ministry of Communication, Telecommunications, Posts and Digital Economy of Senegal and also the Autorite de Regulation des Telecommunications et des Postes.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation;
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member;
- Should have a technical (IT, Computer Science) background;
- Must not have not benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships;
- Must be willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organization/country within an agreed time frame.
The fellowship includes:
- Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue;
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the AFRINIC Plenary sessions, from the day before the beginning of the Plenary to the last day of the event;
- A per diem allowance.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official web page.