Deadline: 5 August 2018
Open to: young people from 18 – 35
Venue: 12 August – 20 September 2018, Online Facilitation Training
Led by an experienced trainer, the Facilitation training engages you in small online interactive group sessions with peers from across the world to develop and practice dialogue facilitation, technology, and conflict resolution skills and learn how to guide and deepen cross-cultural discussions and collaborations.
The Online Facilitation Training includes the following components:
- Leadership and initiative: You will have the opportunity to lead a group of learners through the online course on Countering Hate Speech in Europe. You will plan weekly sessions on the basis of European Alternatives’ curriculum and guide students through a dialogue process and challenging group dynamics;
- Critical thinking and problem solving: You will learn how to become more self aware of your triggers and biases, discuss ‐ assumptions and beliefs, and practice neutrality. You will practice how to bring forth critical thinking in a discussion, and will exchange ideas and knowledge to address common challenges;
- Cross-cultural collaboration ‐ You will work with international peers and learn about culturally sensitive topics from each other; you will discuss how to approach and lead difficult conversations in multicultural settings;
- Teamwork: You will work closely with a co-facilitator and will be part ‐ of an international community of professionals and conflict resolution experts.
Before applying, here’s what you need to know. They’re looking for people who:
- Are ready to take part in a 5-week Online Facilitation Training from August 12th to September 20th. The application fee for the training is waived for the applicants;
- Are ready to commit to facilitating groups of learners of a maximum of 5 hours a week, including 2 hours of conversation, to our Online Course on Countering Hate Speech in Europe starting at the end of October for 6 weeks;
- Are proficient in English;
- Have some knowledge of hate speech, human rights, and some experience with facilitation or moderation would be useful.
The application fee to the Online Facilitation Course is waived, and a modest stipend for facilitation is included if requirements are met.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.
All applicants will be notified of the selection results at the latest on the second week of August.