Call for Applications, 2019/20 Saïd #Foundation #Scholarships #Programme
#Jobs #Interships #Trainings #Camps – UNIVERWORK.COM
Deadline: 1 November 2018
Open to: Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian national
Scholarships: tuition fees, full maintenance/living costs for the duration of your course, an arrival allowance, a thesis allowance, visa and healthcare surcharge fees and one economy return flight
The Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme aims to promote education and development in the Middle East by providing educational and training opportunities to outstanding individuals who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and innovators of change. Our scholarships help career development and enable individuals to achieve impact in their professional fields and bring benefits to others in their countries of origin. Find out more about our scholarship programme, and meet some of our former students.
Each year, we offer around twenty postgraduate scholarships to nationals from Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Syria.
Our scholarships are fully funded and are primarily offered for one year postgraduate courses. In exceptional circumstances it may be possible to consider candidates for two year courses. The Foundation also offers one or two PhD/DPhil scholarships a year at the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge only. Click here for further details on how to apply for a PhD/DPhil scholarship.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Hold Lebanese, Jordanian, Palestinian or Syrian, nationality. Candidates must permanently reside in the Foundation’s target region however the Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree or higher. Candidates who are in their final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Have work and/or voluntary experience relevant to their field of study and a clear career path on completion of their studies and return to their home country or region.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector.
- Have applied for an eligible course at a Foundation partner university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university).
- Meet the Foundation’s English language requirements (IELTS of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each band). Some universities have higher requirements so candidates are expected to meet these requirements too.
- Upload all required documentation.
The Foundation provides fully funded scholarships which include tuition fees, full maintenance/living costs for the duration of your course, an arrival allowance, a thesis allowance, visa and healthcare surcharge fees and one economy return flight.
A separate funding arrangement is in place for students who are selected to study at either the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge.
Please ensure you read all of the guidance documents and eligibility criteria before you submit your application. Once you have submitted your application you will not be able to add any additional information so it is important that you check your answers carefully.
Candidates can only submit one application. If you accidently withdraw your application, please note that it will not be possible to reinstate it.
If you have previously applied for a Saïd Foundation Scholarship but was unsuccessful, you can re-apply again if you meet all of the eligibility criteria. You will need to start a brand new application and submit with all the required documentation.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: email@example.com.