Call for Applications: Young Ambassadors Programme (YAP) 2018
Deadline: 29 April 2018, midnight (CET time)
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
Venue: 20 – 27 July, 2018 in Caux, Switzerland
Do you care passionately about Europe?
Do you want to bring positive change to your life and your community?
Apply to become one of the 30 European Young Ambassadors at Addressing Europe’s Unfinished Business forum in Caux, Switzerland!
Young Ambassadors Programme’s objectives are:
- To develop a network of young Europeans willing to be actors of positive change in their communities and countries
- To train and equip a new generation of young Europeans with practical skills, integrity and sensitivity to the diverse perspective of others
- To create opportunities for further co-operation and collaboration and follow up activities between participants and Alumni
- To contribute to and promote, a richer mutual understanding of beliefs, values, identity, history and cultures through a collective learning experience
- To empower the participants to take an active role in their communities and equip them with tools for social transformation
- A training programme that will support your efforts in transforming your community and will equip you with tools for social change, dialogue and peacebuilding
- An opportunity to grow in your understanding of leadership and commitment
- A unique experience in the Caux Palace Conference & Seminar Centre, as a place of reflection that provides opportunities to listen to others and to oneself
- The opportunity to becoming part of a European community of young changemakers who are working towards change starting with themselves and supporting each other in this process
- The opportunity to becoming part of the YAP Alumni network with possibilities to join further training tailor-made for the needs of European Young Ambassadors Community
Young people aged 18-25
- who demonstrate their strong interest or active participation through civil society initiatives, NGOs, political organisations and structures
- who are citizens or residents of any of the countries members of the Council of Europe, plus Kosovo*, Kazakhstan and Belarus (see the full list of the countries below)
People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including recently arrived migrants, as well as representatives of minority communities.
Costs of participation: 950 CHF + CHF 50.- registration fee
This cost covers:
- YAP customized training and AEUB forum participation (a full programme of plenaries, discussion groups, reflection groups, training tracks, evening entertainment and cultural events)
- Meals and refreshments (3 meals a day plus coffee/tea breaks)
- Accommodation in 2-, 3- or 4- persons rooms in Caux Palace Conference & Seminar Center
- Conference participation fee
- Handouts packages
- Access to conference materials and conference facilities
- Certificates of participation in YAP and in one of the Training Tracks offered by AEUB, at participant’s choice
According to the organisers’ financial resources and to applicants’ needs, financial assistance is available. The application for scholarships is included in the YAP application form.
- Application opens on 16 March 2018
- Application deadline: Extended deadline: 29 April 2018, midnight (CET time)
- We will select suitable candidates on the basis of their personal motivation and the demonstration of their high interest or active participation in initiatives and projects related to Europe, seeking regional, gender and other possible diversity.
- All applicants will be notified of their application results (including scholarship application) by May 15, 2018.
If you have any questions, check the
or write to: YAP@cauxforum.org