Deadline: 13 August 2018
Open to: young policy advisers from the Western Balkans under the age of 35
Venue: 12 to 16 November 2018, Prague, Czech Republic
The OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) and the School of Public Policy (SPP) at Central European University are organizing a five-day intensive training course for young policy advisers from the Western Balkan region. The course will take place in Prague from 12 to 16 November 2018. Through a series of participatory exercises combined with lectures and small group work, the course will strengthen participants’ knowledge of democratic institutions and policy-making, as well as of OSCE commitments in the area of democratic governance.
Through a series of participatory exercises combined with lectures and small group work, the course will strengthen participants’ knowledge of democratic institutions and policy-making, as well as of OSCE commitments in the area of democratic governance, thereby helping to ensure that junior policy advisers of today are prepared to play a leading role in defining the future trajectory of their nation.
The course will focus on developing practical skills in a number of areas such as:
- the role of the political adviser
- shaping complex political environments
- conducting inclusive policy analysis
- mastering communication and advocacy
Course participants will be 25 – 30 young policy advisers under the age of 35. The eligibility requirements for the training are:
- First-level university degree
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in ministries or other executive agencies, presidential administrations or in parliaments;
- Born on or after 1 January 1983;
- Professional fluency in English;
- National of one of the following OSCE participating state: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Residents of Kosovo are also encouraged to apply.
The course fee, including tuition, course materials, full board accommodation as well as the cost for airfare will be covered by the organizer.
How to apply?
In order to apply participants must :
- complete an application form
- record a video of themselves recorded on a cell phone that is up to (maximum) three minutes long and upload it on the application page.
For more information please visit the official website.