Deadline: 23 July 2018
Open to: early career researchers based in or working with ODA-recipient countries
Venue: 25-26 October 2018 in London, UK
The GCRF programme Changing the Story: Building inclusive civil societies with, and for, young people in post-conflict countries is delighted to launch a new funding scheme for Early Career Researchers (ECRs), supporting research that considers the relationship between young people and civil society organizations (CSO) in post-conflict countries.
As part of the programme’ s commitment to the professional development of ECRs working in this area, Changing The Story is running a Project Development Workshop, for ECRs interested in applying for a grant, to help build and strengthen new partnerships and develop innovative, multi-disciplinary collaborative research projects.
Changing the Story is a collaborative project which explores the following research questions:
- What lessons can be learned from the ways in which CSOs have attempted to deal with the legacy of past violence on the key issues facing young people in these societies today?;
- How can these lessons be shaped into practical, and sustainable, development projects on the ground, localizing best practice to the situation faced by specific communities?;
- How can CSOs most effectively share best practice internationally? What are the higher-level policy implications of our research findings for development agencies and multilateral bodies seeking to roll out more extensive programmes on post-conflict resolution?;
- Open to all ECRs based in or working with ODA-recipient countries where the legacy of past conflict continues to shape communities today;
- Attendance at the project development workshop is a pre-requisite for applying for the grant;
- The project team applying for the ECR grant must be multi-institutional. It must include at least two Early Career Reseachers (ECRS) – one from the UK and one from the ODA-country, one of whom must be the Principal Investigator. It must also include at least one CSO partner working in the ODA recipient country.
- Travel and accommodation expenses to attend the Project Development Workshop will be covered by the programme;
- ECR Grant Awards range from GBP 15,000- GBP 30,000.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for the project Development Workshop, participants must complete the following by Monday 23 July 2018.
- Fill in the short online application form;
- Fill in the online Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form;
- Email their CV and a signed letter of support from their institution to email@example.com, using their name as the email title for reference.
For more information please visit the official website.