#IMPERIAL #COLLEGE #LONDON #RESEARCH #FELLOWSHIPS 2019
Deadline: 28 August 2018
Open to: early career researchers from across the world
Fellowship: competitive salary, personal mentoring, research and travel expenses up to GBP 45,000
Imperial’s prestigious Imperial College Research Fellowships sustain the brightest and best early career researchers from across the world, providing a level of commitment and support that is rare from a UK university.
- There are no restrictions on nationality; however, you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered;
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. and will normally have no more than four years postdoctoral research experience in an academic environment (calculated from the Ph.D. viva to the application deadline). Exceptions to this can include discipline hopping, where there must still be less than four years post-doctoral research experience in the discipline of the proposed fellowship; career breaks and career changes, where time spent out of the academic research environment will not be counted in the four years;
- In exceptional cases, applicants applying to the Faculty of Engineering and Imperial College Business School are permitted to apply before the submission of the Ph.D. but any offer of funding will be dependent on the Ph.D. being awarded before the start of the fellowship;
- For applications to the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Medicine, a Ph.D. must have been submitted before an application is made and the Ph.D. must be awarded before the start of the fellowship.
As an Imperial College Research Fellow (ICRF) you will receive a four-year fellowship which includes:
- a competitive salary;
- research and travel expenses of up to GBP 45,000;
- personal mentoring support from a senior Imperial academic;
- focussed careers support, training courses, and development opportunities from the College’s Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre;
- the chance to take full responsibility for setting up and directing your own research agenda.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Applicants should complete and submit an online application form. The deadline for submission is 23:59 (GMT) Tuesday 28 August 2018;
- The application form has six sections:
- Applicants must complete Sections 1-2, and 5-6, which covers personal details, funding request, research proposal and CV;
- The agreed Imperial sponsor must complete Section 3. If there is more than one sponsor from Imperial, each sponsor is required to complete Section 3;
- Any sponsor from the Francis Crick Institute is required to complete Section 4;
- Any sponsor from AstraZeneca is required to complete a sponsor form. The candidate must then upload this with the application form as an ‘other attachment’. Please contact Dr Vjera Magdalenic-Moussavi for further information;
- Please provide answers in English within the text boxes, keep within the dedicated margins, and do not exceed the word limit and page restrictions as indicated on the form;
- Please refer to monetary values in GBP pounds sterling;
- Please complete the form using Arial 11pt ;
- Applications without the required signatures will not be accepted. Signatures must be either original or electronic. Signatures that are a typed named only are not sufficient;
- Once sections have been filled, the application should be reviewed and signed by the HoD as confirmation that the Department is willing to host the fellow, should the application be successful.