Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
Call for participation for the L’oreal BRANDSTORM Competition 2019 in Paris.
Eligible Regions: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mauritius Island, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Swede, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, Ukraine, USA, Zimbabwe
L’ORÉAL BRANDSTORM (hereinafter the “Competition”) is an international innovation competition organized by L’ORÉAL SA (hereinafter “L’ORÉAL”), a corporation with a capital of 112 016 437 40 Euros, registered with the Paris Company Trade Register under the number 632 012 100 with its headquarters located at 14 Rue Royale, 75008 Paris.
The aim of the Competition is to offer the students a pedagogical and professional experience and the opportunity to innovate within the beauty industry. This project is a part of the L’ORÉAL international human resources communication strategy and aims to enhance students’ entrepreneurial skills, creativity skills, and perception of the L’ORÉAL business.
Science and beauty have been the pillars of the L’Oréal Foundation’s work since 2007. The Foundation is using its passion and expertise in these two fields to drive and deliver major projects and change mind-sets, behaviours and ultimately, the world.
Supporting women at the frontiers of science, highlighting their work and giving them the platform they deserve, helping vulnerable members of the community to rebuild their lives, offering those without training a way back to work every one of the Foundation’s programmes addresses a basic, vital need.
Take their iconic For Women in Science programme, which is channelling female creativity into every scientific discipline and working to establish real parity, bringing together a community of passionate, inspiring women who support each other. The addition of the For Girls in Science programme means that female high school students are now also rallying under the banner of science thanks to the excellent work that their ambassadors are doing at the grass roots level.
Meanwhile, the Beauty for a Better Life programme is about helping vulnerable groups feel better and do better. Through beauty, this initiative makes a pivotal contribution to rebuilding confidence and getting lives back on track. They fund beauty and wellness treatments in medical and social settings as a way of helping vulnerable individuals on their path to recovery and supporting them to become part of the society again, knowing that physical appearance plays a fundamental role in boosting self-esteem, fighting spirit and social belonging. Finally, their Beauty for a Better Life programmes are also helping vulnerable people in more than 25 countries access employment by providing high quality training opportunities in different beauty professions.
The L’Oréal Group’s Foundation is committed to working on international solutions to international challenges.
- No participation fee or purchase is required.
- At the World Finals, one prize will be awarded according to the 4 criteria mentioned above. This year, the reward will be a 3-month Intrapreneurship program. The winning team will get the opportunity to work at Station F as L’Oréal employees. There will be a deadline to begin the program until December 31st 2019. This award gives the opportunity for the winners to work on developing their Brandstorm project into a feasible business model. L’Oréal has the rights of all the intellectual property built by the students. L’Oréal will assign mentors and coaches to guide students throughout the program. The participants of the program will be paid according to L’Oréal payroll standards. More information on this will be given throughout the competition.
- In the case of a legitimate reason (refer to the below) in which one member cannot participate, they will be given a monetary award of 10,000 €. If 2 members cannot do the internship, then each of the 3 members will be given 10,000 € and there will be no intrapreneurship reward. Each Team and/or Team member will be wholly responsible for the payment of any tax, contribution or amount of any kind due in respect of the award of a prize under the Competition.
- In case a disqualification of a team member occurs, he/she will not attend the intrapreneurship and will not receive any prize money.
- L’Oréal will assist with visa and work permit requirements. The travelling expenses (flight tickets and/or train tickets, transfer costs between airport/train station and the hotel or offices) and the apartment accommodation will be covered by L’ORÉAL. L’ORÉAL will be in charge of the booking and payment related to the travelling expenses.
- *The list of acceptable legitimate reasons are:
- Health Conditions (such as pregnancy, diabetes etc)
- School/Study Restrictions (formal proof by the school must be given)
- Visa Constraints (either from the departure country or from the French authorities)
- ’ORÉAL BRANDSTORM is a Competition for undergraduate and graduate students who study in one of the participating countries and satisfy the conditions set up below (hereinafter the “Participant(s)”).
- Students must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to participate. Any under-age Participant must have the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to accept the Official Rules and participate in L’ORÉAL BRANDSTORM.
- Students attending a post-graduate course (e.g. doctorate programme or MBA) cannot participate (except for post-graduate courses in India and Israel, please see article 20. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS FOR CERTAIN COUNTRIES)
- Students eligible to participate should not yet have acquired considerable professional experience (i.e. not more than two years of work experience. Internships, apprenticeships, summer job experiences and auto-entrepreneurial work do not account into work experience). Students who have already played the Competition in a previous year and reached the international finals cannot participate another time.
- Students who did an internship in the department of the brand concerned by the case study during the two (2) years preceding the Competition cannot participate in the current edition.
- The Participants have to compose a team of three (3) students. Students participating in an international exchange programme, e.g. Erasmus or exchange students have to participate for the country they are studying in at the point of registration.
- Participants are only allowed to register in one team.
- The three (3) members of a team must be studying in the same participating country (hereinafter the “Team”). It is not possible to change the university during the competition. If a Participant changes universities during the Competition, he or she will still be registered under the starting university.
- All members of the Teams must have a valid e-mail address.
- L’ORÉAL reserves the right to check the validity of the registration information submitted by Participants at any stage during the Competition and to ask for copies of ID documents and/or student cards from the school or university cited by the Participants. L’ORÉAL also reserves the right to refuse participation, or to disqualify, at any times during the Competition, Participants (and their Teams) without justifying it. Submitting incorrect or misleading information will lead to refusing or disqualification of participation.
To register Participants should:
- Go to the Platform: loreal.com;
- Click on [SIGN UP] to start the registration
- Follow the registration procedure and fill in the registration form, providing all mandatory information (first name, last name, e-mail address, password, country of origin, country of study, school or university, specialization, graduation date, field of study, linkedin account link and mentor’s email address)
- Click on [SIGN UP] to confirm their registration
Once registered, Participants will have the opportunity to use the Platform to register a mentor of their choice to support them throughout the steps of the Competition. Mentors will be approved and validated in each country by the local BRANDSTORM manager (Participants will refer to their local BRANDSTORM manager for further details regarding the eligibility of the mentors).
When completing the official registration form, the Participants will be asked to accept the Official Rules. Failure to accept the Official Rules will prohibit the completion of the official registration forms. Participation in the Competition is subject to each Team’s online acceptance of the present L’ORÉAL BRANDSTORM Official Rules and the signature of the appropriate local documentation relating to the assignment of intellectual property and images rights if any.