CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,039 to 7,994 Swiss francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
This is how you can apply:
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A scanned PDF of your most recent relevant qualification.
- A statement of research interests (maximum one page).
- Three recent letters of recommendation (not older than a year at the time of the deadline for applications) giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
You will also be asked to name:
- The five most important publications to which you have made a significant contribution;
- Five international conferences or workshops at which you have given presentations;
- Three experiments you have participated in;
- Five public or internal notes to which you have contributed personally.
All applications should normally reach us no later than 3.09.2018.
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.