#Jobs #Interships #Trainings #Camps – UNIVERWORK.COM
Inter-Agency Affairs, WFP Geneva Office
The United Nation’s World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
We are currently seeking to fill one internship position in our Geneva Office. This internship will be for an initial period of three months. WFP will give preference to candidates who are able to work full time.
The WFP Office in Geneva serves as WFP’s corporate interface with humanitarian partners – Member States, sister UN agencies, civil society and private sector — based in Geneva with the view of enhancing WFP’s contributions to outcomes of inter-agency and intergovernmental processes, operational and normative policy development, public information and investing in strategic partnerships for Zero Hunger.
The selected candidates will be assisting the WFP Geneva Office with the following key duties:
- Accompany and assist WFP officials at intergovernmental and inter-agency meetings, including those involving United Nations agencies, NGOs and other partners; report on those meetings and provide a read-out, in written and/or oral form;
- Liaise with relevant units at WFP headquarters and in the field to obtain information in support of the work of the WFP Geneva Office;
- Assist with preparing, facilitating and undertaking presentations to various audiences; including university and student groups, participants at careers fairs and visiting WFP staff to the Geneva Office;
- Assist in the organisation of meetings, conferences and with schedules of visiting staff;
- Assist with research and information gathering; and
- Perform ad hoc tasks required to assist other team members to meet the Office objectives.
Location of internship:
UN World Food Programme
7, rue de Varembé
- Be currently enrolled or have recently graduated (within the last six months) from a Master’s degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Development, Communications or other relevant field;
- In both circumstances, have attended courses in the last 12 months
- Have proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Written and oral proficiency in English. Good command of French is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
Deadline for applications: 16 August 2018
VA reference no: 86722
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Fighting Hunger Worldwide