#PHD #SCHOLARSHIP AT #ROSKILDE #UNIVERSITY IN #DENMARK
Deadline: 1 August 2018
Open to: international students
Benefits: EUR 2400 monthly salary
Roskilde University is delighted to offer Ph.D. Scholarship in Experimental Physics – Dynamics of liquids and solids from September 1 or soon thereafter. The position is for a period of three years.
Roskilde University is a Danish public university founded in 1972 and located in Trekroner in the Eastern part of Roskilde. The university awards bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and Ph.D. degrees in a wide variety of subjects within social sciences, the humanities, and natural sciences.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The following qualifications are required
- Master’s degree in Physics or a related field;
- Experience with experimental work;
- Ambitious, curious and open-minded person. You are expected to possess good communication skills and to be a visible, involved participant in the department’s daily activities;
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University;
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The employment is on full time, 37 hours per week and formally you will refer to Head of Department, Susanne Sørensen. Ph.D. students have the same rights, formal working hours, vacation, etc., as others in the Danish workforce. After taxes, the monthly salary is approximately DKK 18000 (2400 Euro).
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter;
- Documentation of education including grades from Master’s programme or equivalent;
- Your description of the Ph.D. project – Here you describe in which direction you would like to work and how your qualifications fit into this. A detailed project description may be provided, but is not required;
- Your time schedule of the Ph.D. project – Here you state the suggested date of start;
- If applicable: Documentation for any research experience, work experience or publications.
For more information, please visit the official web page.