The 2nd and 3rd round of application for Senior Research Fellowships 2018 has been opened. Independent researchers who want to tackle the most important questions in science and who are leaders in their field will be supported by the program. The duration of the program is up to 7 years. Applicants can renew for up to 5 years. The fellowship may be held on a part-time basis.
- A basic salary determined by host organisation for up to 7 years (after renewal 50% of basic salary up to 5 years)
- A fellowship supplement of £12500 if you are paid on a non-clinical salary scale
- Personal removal expenses
- Research related expenses
- If you are outside the European Economic Area and your host organisation is in the UK you’re guaranteed an endorsement of a Visa application
- Applicants currently leading own independent research programme
- Should have a higher degree (PhD or equivalent) and significant research experience
- You should be able to show:
- your work is important, original and has impact
- you have made important contributions to your area of research
- you are developing an international reputation as a research leader in your field
- you’re committed to developing and mentoring less experienced researchers
- Your host organisation must be located in one of the following:
- Republic of Ireland
- a low-or-middle-income country (only nationals of low- or middle-income countries have this third option)
- Any applicants having senior a senior fellowship supported by another funding body, can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship of up to 5 years (not 7 years) with a 50% salary contribution, In this case, you will not be able to apply for renewal
- Your research proposal must
- be within Wellcome’s science remit
- describe an innovative and ambitious programme of work
- explain the approaches that will be used to deliver that programme of work
- be distinct from activities already supported by other awards.
- In addition, you can’t usually apply if:
- you are currently applying for another Wellcome award
- you have already held the equivalent of two senior research fellowships from another funder
- you are a researcher in India
For further information, please check the official link.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Apply through the Apply Now link.
- Deadline for July round: July 24, 2018
- Deadline for November round: November 12, 2018
Application Deadline: November 12, 2018 (185 Days Remaining)