#TECHNICAL OFFICER AT #WHO
Deadline: 21 August 2018
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: contract duration 2 years and annual base salary
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe principal duties of the incumbent are:- Develop department work plan, based on inputs from Country support and UN collaboration teams.– Track progress and prepare quarterly reports on technical and financial status of implementation of the WPs.
– Contribute to production of policy papers, analytical briefs, internal reports on country presence and intelligence for submission to senior management.
– Develop plans and assist in coordinating theimplementation of major meetings of the Department namely Global Meeting of Heads of WHO Offices, Global Induction of newly appointed HWOs.
– Prepare the credentials for the new HWOs and update the data base on HWOs in all regions.
– Provide technical support to G-level staff in procurement of technical services such as consultants; preparation of activity proposals for funding and approvals from internal mechanisms.
– Prepare the HR plans, monitor budget allocation and expenditure for the positions in Department and propose corrective measures when needed, while ensuring that staff PMDs and dully completed and recruitments of staff and interns and followed according to WHO rules and regulations.
– Coordinate Country support unit network activities and events as per network plan.
– Maintain and periodically update WHO Country presence portal as an organizational intelligence and information platform.
– Collect, synthesize and develop good practices and successes emerging from country offices and reflect in relevant organizational reports for governing bodies and public dissemination.
– Provide project management support to the Department for critical activities as and when required.
– Perform any other duties as assigned.
Primary Location: Switzerland-Geneva
Organization: HQ/CCU – Country Cooperation & Collaboration with UN System
Essential: A first level university degree in international relations, development studies or health related field.
Desirable: Post-graduate degree in public health, health administration.
Essential: At least two years’ experience in the area of development, public health and/or project management.
Desirable: Experience in WHO, other UN agencies or in similar field.
Excellent research and analytical skills in the fields of policies and strategies formulation and evaluation.
Excellent writing skills in English to contribute to written reports/documents by other senior professional staff and to identifycritical issues and prepare a variety of documents, briefing materials.
Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
Good communication (oral/written) and inter-personal skills.
Ability to work in a team and contribute to a team effort.
Computer literacy in standard office applications, share points and modern communication methods.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 46,472 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2746 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
How to apply?
Read the additional information and apply online trough the official website.