The #School #Enterprise #Challenge – #Global #Business Start-Up #Awards Programme for #Schools
Deadline: 15 August 2018
Open to: schools around the world
Prizes: $50,000 USD in cash prizes, laptops, cameras and international forum places
The School Enterprise Challenge is an international business programme for schools run by the educational charity Teach A Man To Fish.
It guides and supports teachers and students to plan and set up real, sustainable school businesses. Students get the chance to gain hands-on experience of running a real business and generate real profits to help support their school or a social cause of their choice.
Schools have set up an amazing variety of businesses. In 2017, more than 6000 schools from over 100 countries registered to take part and the businesses students set up ranged from fly fishing in Belize, to an inter-schools newspaper in India and a car wash in South Africa.
The School Enterprise Challenge is open to all schools, including: pre-primary schools, primary schools, secondary schools and technical/vocational colleges.
Universities are not eligible to take part in the School Enterprise Challenge.
ALL schools which meet the Achievement Criteria will receive a Level Certificate (Bronze, Silver or Gold)! Plus, in 2018 we have $50,000 in cash prizes, laptops, cameras and international forum places for the most entrepreneurial schools, students and teachers!
Before you get started, please check our Frequently Asked Questions and take note of the following:
- This form should be completed by the Lead Teacher who will be responsible for coordinating the School Enterprise Challenge in your school.
- If you would like two (or more) teams from your school to take part, you must complete this registration form once for each team, using a different email address for the Lead Teacher each time.
- It will take you 5-10 minutes to complete and you won’t be able to save your progress and return to complete it later, so make sure you have all of the following information ready before you begin:
- Lead Teacher name, gender, position and mobile phone number
- School name, postal address and main telephone number
- The number of students at your school, type of school and how it is funded
- The email addresses of the Lead Teacher, Head Teacher and at least one least additional teacher at your school, plus their consent for us to contact them about your school’s participation in the School Enterprise Challenge
- Which subjects you think your students need to improve their performance in, if any (Maths, Writing & Reading, Science and Business Studies)
In order to apply, .