Deadline: 31 May 2018
Open to: science journalists from all over the world
Benefits: travel and accommodation expenses will be covered
The next edition of the World Conference of Science Journalists will take place from 1 to 4 July 2019 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
This biannual conference is an important opportunity for journalists covering science to come together as a community of professionals sharing many values and goals, despite the great diversity of the profession – and of course to build and sustain this community.
Science journalists face many challenges: garnering attention for stories from editors and audiences; mas+tering complex tools, both conceptual and practical; seeking elusive truths from sources promoting their own agendas.
- Science journalists from all over the world;
- Anyone with an interest in improving the quality of science journalism.
Session producers are strongly encouraged to find independent funding to cover travel and accommodation costs for themselves and their moderators and speakers (note: the conference fee, covering the whole program plus all social events, will be waived). In cases where such funding, fully or partially, cannot be secured, WCSJ2019 will cover travel and accommodation expenses (within the limits of its travel policy) for two to three nights in Lausanne for one producer as well as up to a maximum of 4 participants in the session. Once a session is accepted, specific funding needs will be discussed with the organizers.
HOW TO APPLY?
You can submit a proposal here using Submittable. No other submission channel will be accepted. You will need to have the following information ready:
- Names, affiliations, and contact info of the producer(s);
- A summary (600 words maximum) of what the session is about and what the audience will learn;
- The format you intend to use;
- The names and affiliations of proposed speakers, moderators, trainers, et cetera.